Yes, finally Bolds source is available !
The longer story
September 2014. Meeting by phone with a representative from a german company. They are stuck with Bold and D2007 like Attracs but unlike Attracs that have no access to the full source. We agreed they will contact a german lawyer to clarify the legal situation. The lawyer got access to the license draft from Embarcadero and our BoldScala license from 2002. A clause was added to the license to protect developers in case Embarcadero change license conditions. The license was inspected by Embarcadero.
Current situation and roadmap
- Current source is for D2006/D2007. There is a missing file due to copyright problem but we work to solving that
- Attracs Bold version is for Delphi Sydney. We will publish that when som dependencies are removed.
- Bold have no visual UML editor. There are discussions of the best options.
- The documentation is a bit old. Not many examples and demos for beginners. If you feel not confidence to change in Bold itself here is a field that welcome more contributions. Maybe a Youtube video "Getting started with Bold for Delphi"!
- We have some unittests but as always there is much room for improvement.
- Currently it feels like we try to support D2007 but has focus on later Delphi versions.